I have changed my life for the better using creative visualization and I believe this is one of the best tool’s to manifest anything you want. A lot of Athletes, entrepreneurs, actors, doctors and students are all known to regularly use creative visualization… so what is the hype about and how can it benefit us?
Creative visualization, what is it?
Creative visualization is a mental technique that uses the imagination to make dreams and goals come true. Creative visualization is a powerful technique. If applied correctly, the power of visualization can transform your life. It will help you in attracting to your life anything you wish. Creative visualization uses the power of the mind, and is the power behind every success.
By visualizing vivid scenarios you can carry out, you condition your subconscious mind to act upon it. This is because the subconscious mind is unable to tell the difference between a real experience and something that is just imagined, as scientific research suggests.
Mastering creative visualization gives you control over your thoughts at the subconscious level. While there are several ways to programme the subconscious mind, visualization is the most effective and its results the most rapid.
What the mind believes the mind achieves, What you visualize, you can carry out, What you think, you become, What you concentrate your attention on, you can attract.
How to visualize?
Set yourself a meaningful goal, something that is going to serve you positively, not a goal that is going to feed into low dimensional emotions like the ego.
Once you have a clear idea of your goal set the mood. It’s vital that you are in a relaxed and positive state of mind when you attempt creative visualization.
Once you’re feeling relaxed enter a meditative state, use any regular meditation deepening or count down tool to reach a deep level of mind. For most people, all that you need is a few minutes spent focusing on slow, steady breathing.
Once your mind feels quiet and still, start creating an image of the thing you want, taking as much time as you need to build up all the details. Try to make the environment as realistic as possible, and do your best to include all five senses, experience not just the sights but also the sounds, scents and every different sort of sensation associated with your goal.
When you express gratitude, you feel all the amazing positive feelings associated with what your grateful for. Do the same when you visualize, hold onto all the positive higher frequency feelings associated with the goal that you are visualizing about. Try to hold onto these feelings and repeatedly affirm your belief that you will soon attract the things you yearn for.
Finish with a blessing, ask the universe to let what you have daydreamed manifest in your life. Then thank the universe for having your back and supporting all your hopes and dreams. Then feel the gratitude in your core, feel all the emotions connected to you living your dreams!
Creative visualization takes dedication and regular practice to manifest results. This is the issue many people struggle with. They visualize for two or three weeks, and start to become skeptics when they have not become rich or got that certain car they have visualized about for the last few weeks.
Stay calm, make sure that you are always in a meditative state when you are about to visualize. You are commanding yourself to heal or to carry out a goal and this works best when you are calm and relaxed.
Be patient and stick with it, then you will see results.
Key to becoming limitless?
When you face something that has you feeling nervous or worried you can use creative visualization to help you overcome that. For example if you have mastered the technique of creative visualization and you have lets say a driving test coming up, you can condition your mind into believing you have passed through creative visualization. – I did this and even the maneuver I visualized was the same maneuver on my test. –
You can also use this to map out your day, just imagine your entire day and how you would want it to plan out.
Creative visualization also works great if you have a meeting or an interview you’re not to excited about, a test coming up that you are nervous about even reacting in certain situations that you would usually act in a negative way to.
When you visualize properly, your brain produces Alpha Waves – meaning, aside from helping sculpt your dream life, you become healthier at the same time!Alpha Waves are incredibly good for you – and when your brain produces them, you experience increased relaxation, focus & pleasure, and cut pain, stress & anxiety.
After a few days of Visualization, you’ll start to feel more confident mainly because you’ve practiced success in your mind repeatedly.
Olympic athletes, movie stars, golfers, basketball players, top sales superstars & elite business people use Visualization to maximize performance. This is because mental rehearsal also known as creative visualization has been proven to work!
Power of creative visualization
Creative Visualization is also known as a form of therapy also called imagery therapy. Doctors; such as Dr Weil, found that by having patients visualize certain things in their head, many of these patients can go through accelerated healing even from deadly diseases. Creative visualization is the act of seeing in your mind’s eye, that which you want to attract in your life, whether it is a positive outcome to a difficult situation or a cure to an illness or disease you have. What ever it could be, Creative visualization can help in all these areas.
Dr. Cathryne Maciolek, a D.C. area psychotherapists, uses visualization in her clinical practice. She quotes Rosabeth Moss Kanter to illustrate the power of the technique, “A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more.” She explains that visualization is a means of control in an uncontrollable situation.
Dr. Maciolek states that “Visualization is not only used to cope with psychological diagnoses such as anxiety and depression, but it can be used in our everyday lives.” For patients battling anxiety, Dr. Maciolek uses visualization to create “mental vacations.” This technique involves imagining a place that is calm and comforting.
5 energy visualization tips
I learnt these visualization tips from Jeffery Allen a spiritual teacher and they have made a profound impact to my life. I feel whilst on the topic of visualization, I have to share…
- Focus – Attention & clarity: Clear thinking and intuition requires your focus and attention. Tip: Imagine there is a magnet behind your eyes gathering all your scattered energy and attention. Feel your energy begin to concentrate behind your eyes. Give yourself one minute to collect your energy before opening your eyes and continuing your day.
- Inspiration & Creativity: Let your creative energy flow, being creative requires energy. Tip: Imagine streams of energy flowing above you being drawn into your head. Feel it go down through your neck, down your arms, and into your hands. After one minute, start opening and closing your hands to increase the flow of creative energy.
- Boundaries – Give yourself room to breathe: Whenever you are overwhelmed by your day, use this visualization to give yourself the room to breathe and maintain a strong presence energetically. Tip: Imagine a warm, glowing aura expanding from your body until it’s about arms-length on all sides. Feel the bubble of energy around you making it easier to breath and be more aware of your body.
- Grounding – Be powerfully present in your body: It’s funny how easily we can get scattered during the day. So many things call our attention that we can forget where we are. Reconnecting with your body and the earth is the fastest way to achieve a peaceful, powerful presence. Tip: Imagine a tree extending from your hips deep into the earth. As you root, feel yourself becoming powerfully present in your body. Hold this intention for one minute. You will feel grounded and connected to the earth and the effects will last for hours.
- Decisions – Visualize your future possibilities: Visualization is a powerful tool for intuition and making choices! Tip: Imagine a movie screen or stage before your eyes. Think of three possible choices you might make about something in particular. For each choice, visualize a path for each decision and imagine walking down each path. Notice your reactions to what you see and hear. Which journey did you enjoy the most? That should indicate your preferred decision.