Manipura what is it?
Manipura is the sanskirt word for the Solar Plexus which is the third chakra represented by the colour yellow. Yellow is the symbol of the mind, intellect and wisdom. It is a positive magnetic vibration that acts as a counterbalance for irritable conditions of the nervous system.
In earlier post’s I have written about The root (Survival), The Sacral (Creativity/passion) and after the aspects of understanding survival and feeling passion, come’s growth and nourishment which begins right from our Solar Plexus. Located in our midsection above our navel the solar plexus is the centre of willpower, the core of our personality and our identity. While the (2nd) Sacral chakra seeks pleasure and enjoyment, the third chakra is all about the belief of who you are.
The solar plexus chakra is associated with the fire element because fire provides warmth and comfort. The main function of this energy centre is to give real strength to move forward and realise personal desires and intentions in the world. This chakra spans a wide emotional area while it provides warmth and comfort it can also cause fear and terror. However, it plays a fundamental role in the development of personal power and it also feeds your direction in life and the actions you need to take to reach your goals.
The life lesson of the Solar Plexus is to develop your inner power by being honest and at peace with yourself .
A Balanced Solar Plexus
A Strong third chakra reflects the ability to move forward in life with confidence and power. It reflects the ability to make conscious choices to choose and to act. The Solar Plexus chakra attributes to our diet and digestion, meaning if you have an unhealthy diet your bound to have an unbalanced Solar Plexus.
A balanced Solar Plexus is very beneficial for many reason’s some of my favourite are that you will notice progress within your personal and spiritual growth and development, you will feel the need to transform into the best version of yourself, your decision-making skills improve and you will feel more independent.
An unbalanced Solar Plexus on the other hand is not so nice with symptoms such as stubbornness, an overwhelming ego, poor health due to a poor diet, poor judgement, lack of confidence, Denial, fear of rejection, fears about physical appearance. In my opinion a Narcissist has an extremely closed, unbalanced Solar Plexus among other chakras.
On one side, a balanced solar plexus chakra makes it easy to find balance between your personal power and harmonious relationships with others; on the other side, an imbalanced third chakra could undermine your self-esteem and social life.
When your Solar Plexus becomes balanced you will show assertiveness, Exert your will in a way that leads to the expected results somewhat effortlessly and have harmonious relationships with whoever you are around.
A balanced Manipura also awakens your conscious mind into learning how to relate to your whole self mentally, physically and spiritually and makes you more conscious of your personal power and how to use your personal power in a balanced way.
Balancing your Solar Plexus
- Meditate and take part in mindfulness activities: There are many meditations and mindfulness exercises for the solar plexus chakra, one in fact is listed below.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is control of Breath. “Prana” is Breath or vital energy in the body. On subtle levels prana represents the pranic energy responsible for life or life force, and “ayama” means control. So Pranayama is “Control of Breath”. Another easy method to balance your solar plexus is by just breathing! Make each breath mindful focusing on breathing life into your solar plexus and any toxins out of your body.
- Nutrition: Have a healthy balanced diet and you will have a health balance Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Wear yellow and eat naturally yellow foods: I have posted it many times when talking about how to balance your chakras because it is one of the most obvious, easiest and quickest way to give your chakra a quick energy boost.
- Meditate after you eat: Because of the Manipura being attributed to the digestive system it helps clear blockages and balance your third chakra if you do a quick meditation after you eat focusing on your solar plexus.
Powerful Solar Plexus affirmations
- I am great in my way.
- I am positively empowered.
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones
- My self-esteem is healthy
- I respect my body and lead a nutritious life.
- I starve my ego and feed my soul with wisdom and integrity.
- I am empowered
- I am centred
- I attract success
- I have power bubbling within me.
- I am successful in all my ventures.