WHAT IS THE ANAHATA?
Located in the centre of the chest and represented by the colour green; the Anahata is the centre of love, warmth, compassion and joy. This only makes sense that it is the heart chakra.
The fourth chakra Anahata generally means “unstuck” or “unhurt.” The name implies that beneath the hurts and grievances of past experiences lies a pure and spiritual place where no hurt exists. Love is one of the highest vibrations in the universe. To actively show others compassion and love, you are raising your own frequency making you a magnet for all things amazing in the universe. Smile and the universe smile’s back. Love and the universe will love you back. You get what you give. This is more literal than anything when talking about your chakras as your chakras control your karma..
A BALANCED HEART CHAKRA
It is pretty easy to know whether you have a blocked heart chakra or not, just go with how you are feeling. Do you feel compassion towards other’s? Do you live consciously knowing that you are whole and connected to all life source?
When your heart chakra is open you are flowing with love and compassion. Others can feel your love and warmth, they feel loved and accepted unconditionally. People feel at peace around you, as there is no judgement coming from you. However, to much of a good thing is good for nothing. If you have an over active heart chakra this could also be dangerous leading to lower frequency emotions, such as extreme jealousy, co-dependency and harsh judgement on others just to name a few.
It is always best to seek help from a qualified Reiki practitioner when unsure about how balanced your chakras are.
Signs your heart chakra is blocked include feelings of shyness and loneliness. If you are incapable to forgive or have a tendency to lack empathy, then you are leading with your head more often than your heart. In regards to the body, this can include poor circulation and blood pressure extremes. The heart, lungs and upper extremities are all influenced greatly by the Anahata.
HEALING YOUR HEART CHAKRA
You may experience a boost in energy, positivity, love, compassion. It is also possible to feel an increased sense of being connected to life when your anahata is open and balanced.
- Meditation – Once you have become aware of an imbalance in the fourth Chakra, meditation can help to restore the proper energy flow through the region. Creative visualization are a powerful meditation to heal your heart chakra. Using your thoughts to send healing energy direct to the centre of your chest where your Anahata resides act’s the same as a placebo would.
- Let go of regressive emotions and experience – I have mentioned this before it earlier posts. Regressive experiences can help us want to stay away from positive progresses experiences we might be faced with. Especially when it come’s to the heart chakra, most people who have a blocked heart chakra is because they are continuously living in their past. Take a few moments out to have mindfulness, forgive and forget and let go. You do not want to get tied to these emotions which will ultimately prevent this chakra from being balanced.
- Work with the chakra’s colour – If you have read my earlier post’s on the chakras you will know that I regularly talk about the colour of the chakra if either eaten or worn or around can give you a great energy boost. The colour green is connected with the Heart Chakra and you can join it into your meditation practice and your daily life. Eat some more naturally green food’s there are plenty out there! I will also be posting some yummy vegan recipes that also help with the balancing of the chakras so stay tuned!
- Try Chanting mantras – Mantras are a good way to affirm your efforts. These are simple and help to offer focus. The mantra for the Anahata is ‘YAM’. Chant this to heal both the physical heart and the spiritual (emotional) heart centre and open yourself up to unconditional love and compassion. This can be repeated vocally or sub-vocally while you meditate.
- Practise the art of acceptance – Focus on what you can control instead of wasting your energy on thing’s of the past you can not change. This will just lower your vibration and you will be stuck in a downward spiral of negativity leading to depression and anxiety. Set your daily intention to going with the flow and letting it be.
- Forgiveness free’s you – You don’t forgive someone for them, even though it may make them feel better. You forgive someone for you, because every time you don’t, you close down your heart a bit, and give away a piece of your personal power, and these things only lead to you being sick and unhappy.
- Appreciation Appreciates – The heart chakra is your body’s most powerful centre. Use compassion, forgiveness and gratitude to boost the energy of your fourth chakra, and you’ll feel your life grow more and more every day.
AFFIRMATIONS TO HEAL AND BALANCE YOUR HEART CHAKRA
- I am open to love
- I am wanted and loved
- The universe and all within love’s and protects me
- I inhale love and exhale hate
- I am connected to all human being’s
- I let my heart shine and give from the depths of my being to those who accept love.
- I am love, I am peace, I am light.
- Love is the answer to everything in life, and I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally.
- Love opens and heals me.
- My core is pure and innocent. Nothing can touch the soul of my heart except love itself.
This is a meditation I regularly use when balancing my heart chakra. Meditations are deeply personal for everyone and have a different effect for everyone. This is my own version I created putting techniques from different meditations together. I hope it has the same effects on you as it does me.